On Friday afternoon I was in desperate need of wine after a fairly stressful week, so I headed to Trader Joe’s on the way home. I love their wine selection and I was reading the Fearless Flyer online and they were featuring a wine that I wanted to try.
So I bought some.
While I was there I also browsed the aisles and it became very apparent very quickly that I needed to make pizza for dinner. So along with my wine I grabbed a bag of whole wheat pizza crust, a can of artichoke hearts, and a bag of shredded mozzarella.
When I got home I added a jar of pesto and a chicken sausage to the mix and got to work!
To start off, I rolled out my pizza dough. Someone needs to teach me how to do this properly because I never have success making it look nice.
I was just happy there were minimal holes!
Next, I added a layer of pesto.
Then some cheeeeeeeese.
Then chicken sausage! I used a spinach feta one I got from Safeway. It’s their antibiotic, hormone free chicken sausage brand…I’m all for no antibiotics in my chicken!
After the chicken sausage, I added three of the canned artichoke hearts. I love these little guys! I’m a big artichoke fan but marinated artichoke hearts are just too much for me most of the time. These are perfect!
After that I added more cheese and then apparently forgot to take pictures until I had the pizza on my plate.
Anyways, it was a great combo!
Pesto Artichoke Sausage Pizza
- 1/2 bagged whole wheat pizza crust (enough to make 1 12 inch pizza)
- 2-3 tbsp pesto
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, more if you would like
- 1 chicken sausage, diced
- 3 canned artichoke hearts, diced
- Preheat oven to highest setting, or whatever the package directions say.
- Roll out pizza dough on floured surface, move to oiled pizza pan (or baking sheet if you’re me and don’t own a pizza pan)
- Layer on the toppings!
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool for at least 5 minutes, cut, and eat!