This pasta is a favorite of my family and we have it multiple times during the summer because of the abundance of squash coming out of the garden.
There were GIGANTIC squash at the farmer’s market on Saturday and I decided to buy some to make this pasta. It never turns out as good as my mom’s does, but it was still good! I kind of made the recipe up as I went because I’ve made it enough times at home.
Zucchini Basil Pasta
- 1/2 lb whole wheat penne
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 large zucchini (preferably 1 yellow, 1 green)
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add zucchini and cook until soft, ~15 minutes.
- Add basil and chili flakes and heat through. Add zucchini mixture to drained pasta. Add Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve with extra Parmesan cheese on top.
This is a good one, go give it a try!