I realized that it’s been a very long time since I’ve made muffins and since strawberries are now in season these seemed like the perfect muffins to make!
After being sick for 5 days I finally had more energy and was so anxious to get back into the kitchen and make something! Unfortunately, when I made these I still had hardly any sense of smell and very little sense of taste. I couldn’t smell them baking, but I was told that they smelled good! I also couldn’t really taste them at first, but they are delicious, I promise.
Go find some juicy, ripe strawberries and make these yummy muffins!
Recipe from Two Peas & Their Pod
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup chopped strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 3. Peel the bananas and mash with a fork. Place the mashed bananas in a large bowl. Add the brown sugar, coconut oil, egg, Greek yogurt, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Gently fold in the chopped strawberries.
- 4. Fill muffin liners three-quarters full. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Transfer to wire rack to cool. Store, covered, at room temperature.