Every Sunday morning should include pancakes!
Unfortunately, not enough of mine do. However, after making this batch of pancakes I have approximately 90780894752087543 in my freezer so I should be set for a while!
These are much more filling than a normal pancake. I made my way through 1 1/2 and I was stuffed. They also kept me full through the morning which never happens when I have pancakes for breakfast!
This may just be my new go to pancake recipe, they’re great!
Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes
Recipe from Prevention RD
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or white wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup wheat germ
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 bananas, mashed + enough milk to make 2½ cups total
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat griddle over medium heat (350 degrees on an electric griddle).
- Whisk together flours, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a second large bowl, mash bananas using the back of a fork and transfer to measuring cups; add enough milk to total 2½ cups of banana/milk; whisk well. Whisk in oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Spray your griddle with nonstick cooking spray, if needed. Ladle the pancakes one by one onto the griddle. Cook 2-3 minutes or until bubbles rise across the surface of the pancakes; flip and cook until golden on the bottom.