After the nice weather we had another bought of rain and dreary weather…typical Oregon spring!
I just love spring in Oregon because you can get both rain and sun in the same day. Half the time it’s rain and sun at the same time. It just adds to the character of this beautiful state 🙂
Since it’s not quite time for light, summery salads yet (which I live off of during the hot months) I decided to make another batch of soup. This soup is hearty, quick, and delicious!
White Bean and Leek Soup
Recipe from Eat Good 4 Life
- 2 cans of white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 leeks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup whole wheat couscous
- 2-3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Heat oil in 6qt dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat.
- Add leeks, garlic and saute for 2-4 minutes. Add cumin and paprika and stir. Add bay leaves, beans and water. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add couscous and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Remove bay leaves and turn of the heat. Stir in the spinach and season to taste.