Remember the roasted potato recipe I posted a while ago? Well, I saved a Tupperware of them before I took them to the get together solely so I could make this delicious dish pictured above.
I love breakfast more than any other meal and a lot of the time I’ll make breakfast for dinner since I just don’t have enough time to make good breakfast food in the morning. Potato and egg scrambles have always been a favorite of mine but recently I started putting spinach and black beans with potatoes and putting an over easy egg over the top. I love the runny yolk running all over everything!
Since I’m sure everyone is drowning in Thanksgiving leftovers right now, this is a great way to use up any of those leftover roasted potatoes!
My Favorite Leftover Potatoes Recipe
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 5-6 whole roasted baby potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 handful baby spinach
- red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup salsa
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the garlic, onion, and pepper flakes and saute a few minutes until the onion becomes translucent.
- Cut up some potatoes, add them into the skillet. Cook for a few minutes to warm them up.
- Add in black beans and spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted. Remove from pan onto a plate for serving.
- Cook the egg + egg white over easy in the skillet.
- Top the potatoes with salsa and the egg and serve with a side of toast.
I got a notification from WordPress on Thanksgiving notifying me that I have had this blog for a year. Already? Actually, it seems much longer than that….
I’ll be back on Sunday with a weekly recap, it’s been a busy week!