In the spirit of pumpkin everything, obviously it makes sense to have another pumpkin recipe.
And what’s better than chocolate chip cookies?
Chocolate chip cookies AND pumpkin!
I used coconut oil instead of butter, which in my opinion doesn’t make them healthier because they are still a cookie and still loaded with saturated fat.
However, it gives them a different texture. They don’t flatten like a normal cookie and with the pumpkin they’re super moist and cakey. I’m not usually a huge fan of cookies like this, but these are fantastic. I think the pumpkin is to thank for that.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
I found the recipe here
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and spices. Set aside.
3. Using a mixer, combine the coconut oil and sugars together. Add vanilla extract and pumpkin and mix until combined, about 3 minutes. Slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Drop by large, rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until cookies are just beginning to brown around the edges. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for two minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
I had to bake mine longer than the original recipe called for (it said 10-12 minutes) so I would say watch your cookies and see how they are around that time.
I’ve made these twice and doubled one of the batches. They have been a HUGE hit with everyone I’ve shared them with and it’s a good thing I did share them or I would have eaten them all!