We all know I love my crock pot! I made this a few months ago and absolutely loved it! Also, it made a large amount of servings and froze nicely. I froze about 4 servings of it and ate the rest of it about a month after I made the original batch. I had no complaints about how it thawed and reheated, which was nice. To me, this is comfort food. I adore chili and can’t get enough of it during the dreary winter days. So maybe I should have posted this during WINTER, but I know a large part of the country is still in winter mode, so it works 🙂
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 16-oz can black beans
- 1 16-oz can kidney beans
- 1 16-oz can tomato sauce
- 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
- 2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 24 0z. (3) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker.
- Place chicken on top and cover.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
- Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.
I love how simple crock pot meals are! You can top this with all the normal chili fixings (sour cream, cheese, cilantro) and serve with cornbread if you choose. I literally craved this for a few days when I was eating the leftovers, it is SO GOOD!
It’s like happiness in a bowl!
Now seriously, go bust out your crockpot one last time and make this before the sun shine is here to stay!
- Calories: 220
- Total Fat: 1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 26 mg
- Sodium: 1088.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 35.4 g
- Protein: 17.6 g